Textbook Affordability and Access Program (TAAP)
Textbook Affordability and Access Program
Helping Students Start Ahead of the Curve
The UCCS Textbook Affordability and Access Program (TAAP) initiative provides an innovative, personalized, and affordable course material experience for all students.
About the Program
Easy and Affordable Access to Textbooks
How does it work?
On or before the first day of class, students will receive all required physical and digital course materials without placing individual orders or paying out of pocket.
All students are automatically enrolled in the TAAP program with the option to “TAAP out.” The program will provide recommendations to TAAP out if the course material item(s) are less than the total credit hour cost (TAAP cost). When TAAPing out, it is all or nothing. Students either TAAP out of the program entirely or stay in the program for all courses. Students have the option of TAAPing back into the program once TAAPed out, up until Census.
What are the costs?
The TAAP cost is calculated on a $22 plus tax, flat amount per credit hour, regardless of how much each textbook costs.
Benefits of TAAP
What are the Benefits?
TAAP provides students with the affordable course materials they need in order to succeed. Students no longer need to take the time or effort to search for the textbooks they need. TAAP takes care of it all, leaving students time to concentrate on their studies and community life.
Minimal effort with maximum outcomes!
- High-quality, low-cost course materials for all of a student’s registered courses.
- A personalized website experience that shows students all their registered courses and the course materials they will receive.
- Delivery/pick-up of all materials on or prior to the first day of class.
- No additional out-of-pocket textbook costs.
- An integrated system where digital materials are easily referenced through Canvas.
- A Learner Experience team that works year-round with 24/7 support during the back-to-school season.
- Students: Receive all course materials by the first day of class at an affordable price. No special action, knowledge, or at-hand funds needed.
- Faculty: Complete academic freedom to select course materials (including OER). Access to an easy-to-use adoption tool. Start teaching class with all students prepared.
- Administrators: Better retention rates and more affordable cost of education. Access to adoption cost insights to recommend lower-cost materials.
- Campus Store: More accurately predict and source texts, taking on less risk. Buys and ships in bulk to lower the cost per unit. Benefits from aggregate purchasing and can leverage that to negotiate costs.
- Publishers: Predictable and guaranteed quantities based on bookstore ordering to cap. Earlier and fixed adoption deadlines provide longer lead time to print and supply.
TAAP in Two Steps:
UCCS partners with Akademos, Inc. to deliver TAAP with the goal of ensuring all students have the materials they need at an affordable price. Akademos is an industry leader in online and hybrid bookstore solutions.
Through its integrated platform students can visit the program’s website to review the course materials they will receive along with where and how to access them.
Explore commonly asked questions about TAAP at UCCS.