University Studies exists to provide students with excellent academic and transitional support services as new members of the UCCS campus community. University Studies is the result of a collaborative effort between the Office of First Year Experience (FYE) and the Gateway Program Seminar (GPS). It is an experience designed to help students achieve their academic and co-curricular goals while exploring more about themselves and creating their professional and personal futures.
Students will be engaged inside and outside of the classroom; learning skills that will help them navigate our campus community and be successful in all of their intended endeavors. While in University studies, students will:
- Engage in high impact practices in their Gateway Program Seminar (GPS) course
- Participate in teambuilding and leadership development opportunities
- Enhance time management and study skills
- Explore majors and careers
- Use campus resources to help achieve goals