Extended Studies

Extended Studies Financial Aid

Requirements for financial aid availability

  • Be admitted to and maintain enrollment as a degree or certificate seeking student. (To determine your admission status, please contact your college)
  • Be enrolled at least half time.
  • Be enrolled in courses that will apply to your degree plan.
For more information, visit Financial Aid for Extended Studies Students.

If you are enrolled in extended studies courses, but do not meet the criteria listed above, you are not eligible for financial aid, however you may be eligible for an alternative student loan. For more information, please visit the Alternative Student Loan Page.

Gainful Employment Certificates

Gainful Employment Programs are standalone Title IV-eligible Certificate Programs. Title IV Programs are eligible for Federal Student Aid Grants, Federal Student Aid Loans or Federal Student Aid Work-Study.

In 2011, the Department of Education issued new regulations pertaining to Gainful Employment programs. The regulations are posted to the Federal Register; the scope incorporates UCCS certificate programs.

For more information regarding graduation rates, the median debt of students completing our certificate programs, and other important information, please visit the University of Colorado Colorado Springs Institutional Research.