The Writing Center offers all students (graduate & undergraduate):
- 25 minute and 50 minute one-on-one consultations by appointment. Get help with:
- Thesis construction
- Argument, evidence, & analysis
- Idea generation
- Organization & structure
- Sentence-level concerns
- APA, MLA, & Chicago citations & formatting
- Interpreting assignments
- Not just essays, but also creative writing, lab reports, resumes, scholarship applications, presentation outlines, etc.
- Online consultations by appointment
- Support for student writing groups
- Writing workshops for student groups/organizations (see our Workshops page)
- Technology-based instruction and outreach
- Information resources
Our primary job is to meet individually with students to talk about writing. When you make an appointment for an in-center consultation, you get to meet with a trained peer consultant to talk about your writing. In order to accommodate the needs of all students, we offer both 30 minute and 60 minute appointment lengths. Sometimes, a session could involve decoding an assignment sheet and doing some initial planning for the paper; at other times, it can mean looking at a draft to discuss its strengths and weaknesses.
You can easily make and manage all your appointments here: https://uccs.mywconline.com/
If you're not able to make it in for an in-center consultation, you can always schedule a session online through WCOnline. Check out our Online Services page for more information.
Each semester the Writing Center offers a series of in-center workshops called Excel@Writing. These stand-alone workshops are on a variety of different topics, and are meant to assist all students.
Each semester the Writing Center offers the Excel@Writing Workshops. These workshops are offered once a semester, focus on a wide array of topics, and are designed to be utilized by all students.