The Faculty Assembly Women's Committee and the Office of the Provost request proposals for a variety of small grants for research, creative works, and curriculum development. Calls for proposals are sent out once a semester, typically around mid/late November for Fall semester, and mid/late April for Spring semester. The exact amount of each award and the number of awards will depend on the number and type of proposals received.
- Maximum award amount is $500.
- Proposals may include the following types of activities, but are not limited to these:
- Funding research activities (e.g., paying participants) for research on gender-related issues
- Travel Funds for research or creative work for gender related issues
- Funds to visit collections or attend research seminars for gender related issues
- Funds for students to assist in research or creative work (e.g., transcribe interviews) for gender related issues
- Funds to assist grant preparation for gender related issues
- Funds for curriculum development for gender related issues
- Honoraria for speakers on gender-related issues or to promote female scholars
- Minor materials purchase for research or for an existing or new course that cannot be covered by the library (For materials purchases, it is assumed that applicants will have requested that the library or the department purchase the material and explain why the request is being submitted here)
- Awardees must move the award into their DEPARTMENT SPEED TYPE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF FUNDS ARE NOT MOVED BY THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR (JUNE 30TH), THEY WILL BE RETURNED TO THE UNIVERSITY.
- The exact amount and number of awards given will depend on the number and type of proposals received.
- Awardees will be required to submit a one-paragraph summary at the completion of their project AND present it at FAWC’s Fall Brunch.
- Proposals should explain how the award will contribute to faculty or curriculum development in gender scholarship, creative work, and/or teaching. The proposal should be no longer than 2 pages, including a detailed budget.
- Indicate whether you have received funding from FAWC in the past and when. Preference will be given to individuals who have not by FAWC in the past, although all faculty are invited to apply.
- Include a detailed budget.
- Attach full CV.
- Be in one (1) Word or PDF file labeled according to instructions in call for proposal.