Stacy Platt uses photography to speak about vulnerability, memory, loss and the practice of everyday life. Born an Air Force brat, she spent much of her formative years in Chattanooga, TN and identifies with the south as her childhood home. She received her B.A. in Humanities from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, and her M.F.A. in Photography from Columbia College of Art. She maintains a portfolio site of her photographic work at http://www.stacyjplatt.com, and has been composing longform essays on photography at http://www.the-space-in-between.com since 2004.
- Columbia College of Chicago, M.F.A., Photography
- Institute of Design, Illinois Institute of Technology
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, B.A., Humanities
- Intro to Photography
- Digital Photography
- Intermediate Photography
- Advanced Photography
- Alternative Process
- History of Photography
Selected Exhibitions / Awards
- Darkroom Gallery, Essex VT.
- Critical Mass Finalist, Portland, OR.
- The Swap. A portrait exchange and online exhibition, designed and curated by Stuart Pilkington. http://www.theswap.info/index.html.
- Opus Gallery, Savannah, Georgia.
- Pinnacle Gallery, Savannah Georgia.
- Glass Curtain Gallery, Chicago, Illinois.