A complete application, all five parts, must be received by 11:59 PM on March 13th, 2020.
1. Application form – to be prepared by the student
2. Personal statement – to be prepared by the student
Format: The proposal should be a maximum of 2 pages, double-spaced, and 12-point font.
a. Please explain:
- Who you are and your path to UCCS
- Why you want to work on this research project
- How you expect this experience to impact your education and career goals
3. Research proposal - to be prepared by the faculty mentor
Format: The proposal should be a maximum of 4 pages (not including references), double-spaced, and 12-point font.
- Project description: describe the proposed research so that someone outside your discipline understands the study’s purpose, plan, and potential implications.
- Role of research assistant & mentorship plan
- Budget & budget justification
4. Professional letter of recommendation for student applicant from someone other than the faculty mentor
5. Student’s unofficial transcript
1. The application, student’s personal statement, research proposal, and unofficial transcript should be submitted electronically as a single document in pdf format to . Please name the document URA_2020_studentlastname.pdf.
2. The recommendation letter should be emailed by the reference to by the application deadline.