- To participate as an off-campus work study employer with UCCS an organization must be a private non-profit organization, documentation of your non-profit status (i.e. letter from IRS documenting 501(c) (3) tax exempt status) is required.
- Contact Shannon Cable at email@example.com for more information and to set-up a contract.
- Be an approved off-campus work study employer with current contract
- Create a job description (include on SEPO)
- Create a base compensation rate and plan (include on SEPO)
- Post your open job on SEANs for at least 3 days
- Collect applications/resumes
- Review applicants and interview, communicate with both those who will be interviewed and those who will not be interviewed.
- After the interviews offer the job to the candidate best meeting your needs (if your position requires a background check offer contingent upon a successful background check), communicate with both the candidate who you offer the job to and to those you did not
- Complete the SEPO to hire the student employee
- Have the student complete initial hire paperwork and visit the Student Employment Office for orientation
- The student should bring valid identification to complete the I-9 and a voided check/deposit slip/direct deposit authorization from their bank
They will be paid bi-weekly via direct deposit.
You will be invoiced once per month for your portion of the previous months’ earnings.
When a student employee uses up their entire work study award your organization will be responsible for paying 100% of the wages earned as well as the administrative fee and workers compensation contribution for a total of 109%. You can work to schedule a student to remain within their award amount or you can have the student employee stop working once they have reached their award limit.