Annual Student Employment Audit Information
We complete annual audits in order to support each department in maintaining accurate and complete files. We do this in preparation for any potential audits from other internal and external organizations. The goal is to show departments what is missing so that each department can then work to correct/update files. Please note that we will not change audit results if files are updated after the audit is completed. During the annual audit, the Office of Student Employment needs to have access to all files for the previous academic year (fall, spring, and summer). You may use the checklists below in each personnel file to assure the accuracy of your records.
Below are checklists for current and recent audit years, as well as resources explaining how audits are scored and results are sent. If you have questions regarding Student Employment Audits, please contact us at (719) 255-3464 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printable Audit Checklists (Print for student files and check items off as you add them to the file)
|2016-2017 Checklist (Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017)|
|2015-2016 Checklist (Fall 2015, Spring 2016, Summer 2016)|
|2014-2015 and prior years Checklist (Fall 2014, Spring 2015, Summer 2015)|
Audit Scoring Information (Do not print for student files. Examples only.)
|Audit Scoring Guide||Detailed scoring information for each required item|
|Audit Scoresheet Example||Example of the scoresheet that is used in conducting your audit|
|Example Audit Results Letter||Example of the letter sent to notify department of results|
2016 - 2017 Audit Requirements (Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Summer 2017)
Every year the Office of Student Employment conducts an audit of on and off campus Student Employment records. These records are required by federal mandate to include the following:
- Individual personnel file for each Student Employee.
- Check -In Sheet for any employee hired after January 1, 2008.
- Check-Out Sheet for any employee terminated after January 1, 2008.
- Class schedule for every term worked, class days and times should be listed. Each class schedule must be system generated (CU-SIS) and include the student's name and student ID number.
- Signed student employee electronic signature statement. If it is missing or unsigned, no credit will be given for any required timesheets.
- Signed employer electronic signature statement. If it is missing or unsigned, no credit will be given for any required timesheets.
- Signed copies of all Student Employee Position Offers for each employee (SEPO includes the job description and compensation plan). Signed copies of Termination Notices. Signed copies of Wage Change Offers.
- Evaluations. Required at least once per year, upon termination for any student who was not yet evaluated, and for any student who has received a change in status or rate of pay. Evaluations should be complete upon termination for any student not previously evaluated regardless of the amount
Click here for a printable version of the 2016-2017 audit checklist for your student files.