STAFF EXTRA-ENRICHMENT AND DEVELOPMENT SUBSIDY
PROGRAM INFORMATION AND APPLICATION PROCESS
Interested in attending a professional development workshop or conference? Tight on Budget? If so, apply for SEEDS. This program contributes awards up to $200, per fiscal year, to staff members interested in participating in or seeking professional development. There are guidelines and restrictions on what professional development activities are acceptable; see below for that listing.
- Review SEEDS Guidelines to determine eligibility.
- Complete application, including all required signatures (this can all be done electronically).
- Include copies of all related materials for desired professional development activity (with cost breakdowns).
- Applications must be completed and submitted to the SEEDS chair, Jacqueline Gatlin by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants will be notified by email by the SEEDS chair with the results of their application. (The Staff Association Treasurer will be copied in to be aware of the status of each application).
- If you are approved ahead of time of an award and then you do not use it, contact the SEEDS chair immediately to cancel the award or to arrange for a transfer back to the SEEDS speedtype.
- Employees must have been employed by UCCS for at least ONE CONTINUOUS YEAR to be eligible for a SEEDS award. Temporary employment may count towards the one year requirement as long as there is no substantial break in service.
- All staff, classified/unclassified, full/part-time, are eligible.
- Employees may receive no more than $200.00 in SEEDS awards in any fiscal year. Awards are recorded by date of event rather than by date of application.
- Examples of items funded: Continuing Education classes; PPCC classes; Job-related workshops, conferences and seminars.
- Examples of items NOT funded: Magazine subscriptions; Professional dues; Personal enrichments (e.g., Weight Watchers, Smoke Enders, gym memberships, classroom materials or books); Taped seminars (audio or video); travel within Colorado Springs.
- All applications will be considered and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to process all necessary paperwork such as payment voucher, receipts, invoices, and all other appropriate documentation. Subsidies are paid to the department, not directly to the staff member.
- If possible, use the ACARD to pay for event registration.
- You are encouraged to submit your application prior to the event date. If this is not possible, your application will only be considered up to 60 days after the event date (with the exception of Fiscal Year crossovers). All requests are due in the fiscal year requested. Last call for requests in a fiscal year will be June 10.