BACHELOR OF ARTS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE
Criminal Justice is a broad and increasingly interdisciplinary field. The Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice (BACJ) program utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to capture both the academic liberal arts emphasis and the professional and policy knowledge required to educate criminal justice professionals. Students who complete the BACJ will:
- Be able to draw on multiple disciplines and research traditions to identify and understand the social and behavioral contributors to crime and delinquency.
- Have effective critical thinking and oral and written communication skills.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the institutions in criminal justice system and how politics and policy making affect these institutions.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the ethical concerns of the criminal justice field.
- Understand how perceptions of the criminal justice system vary cross-culturally and how such differences influence policy and public perception.
BACJ Alumna Profile: Jesa Weise, Crime Scene Investigator, CSPD