School of Public Affairs - Finance Info

The Bursar's Office website can help you estimate the cost of tuition and fees. 

Financial assistance is available to support those students who would not be able to attend the UCCS School of Public Affairs (SPA) without aid. The primary source of information about need based student financial assistance as well as scholarships and other non-need based aid is the UCCS Office of Financial Aid, Student Employment and Scholarships.

Qualified students may receive assistance with various types of Veterans Affairs (VA) benefits through the Office of Veteran and Military Student Affairs.

Additional information on financial assistance programs for graduate students, including scholarships, fellowships, and assistantships may be obtained through the Graduate School.

The School of Public Affairs offers added opportunities to assist students.

  • The Arthur B. Murphy Scholarship is for highly qualified graduate students to conduct education in public administration and/or public policy. To qualify students must be enrolled in six hours of SPA coursework in the fall and spring semesters and demonstrate relevant management experience in the public or nonprofit sector, or take 3 hours of field study in public administration prior to graduation.
  • The General School of Public Affairs Scholarship is to be awarded based on academic merit and financial need. Graduate students must be enrolled fall and spring semesters to be eligible for the award both terms.
  • The Karen Possehl Women's Endowment (KPWE) provides opportunities for non-traditional students who have had barriers to completing education.

All current scholarships for the School of Public Affairs is located on the Office of Financial Aid, Student Employment and Scholarships website. Here, you will also find information on accessing the UCCS Scholarship Application.

Finally, the Master of Public Administration program qualifies as a Western Regional Graduate Program. Residents of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are eligible to pay in-state tuition for this program. Effective Fall 2013, the benefit will be automatically applied to qualified students' tuition bill based on their legal residency.