MPA Graduate Program Admission
A bachelor's degree from a college or university of accredited standing, with grades sufficiently high to indicate ability to pursue graduate work. The applicant may have majored in any field for the undergraduate degree.
- Online Graduate School Application, which includes a written statement indicating educational and career goals
- Non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions
- Three recommendations by qualified references that establish the applicant's personal qualifications for graduate work. Recommendations may be from professors, employers, and/or others who are acquainted with the prospective student's professional and/or academic work.
- Students should have a 3.00 (or better) undergraduate grade point average for admission into the MPA program.
- Current resume
- Some applicants, including International and ESL (English as a Second Language) students, may have additional requirements. Please contact the School of Public Affairs for more information.
The application deadline for UCCS School of Public Affairs' programs is based on a rolling admissions policy: we accept applications up to the week prior to the start of each semester. We also conduct our reviews of applications on a continual basis. Students planning to apply for financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible to determine if earlier deadlines are required.
Students who have missed the deadline for the upcoming semester may register as unclassified students. Up to twelve credit hours of public administration or criminal justice course work taken as a UCCS unclassified student may be applied to the MPA or MCJ degree program.
Graduate Certificate Admission
Students are not required to apply to a degree program to take courses toward a graduate certificate but must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited university. Courses are offered online and on campus.*
Students not currently admitted to the MPA or MCJ degree program must apply as a non-degree seeking graduate student, and submit official transcripts and a $50 application fee to the UCCS Office of Admissions.
*Please be advised that courses are typically offered alternately online and on campus, not concurrently. It is recommended that if you prefer either all online or all on campus courses, you speak with the School of Public Affairs before applying. Upcoming course schedules are available here.
Whether an undergraduate or graduate student, if you are interested in UCCS School of Public Affairs, please sign up as a future student. By simply signing up for an account, you will be kept up-to-date on UCCS news, happenings, events, campus visits, application information, academics and programs of study, and many other opportunities for you!