If you are responsible for managing or maintaining a UCCS institutional account, you are required to complete a social media terms and conditions form and attend a training session. The form and training dates can be found at: www.uccs.edu/socialmedia/training.
While UCCS does not limit the private use of social media, it is important to realize that the same laws, professional expectations, and guidelines for interacting with students, parents, alumni, donors, media, and other university constituents apply online as in person. As a university employee, you represent UCCS both in and outside of your office and classroom and are responsible for anything posted on your personal social media sites. Policies and procedures include but are not limited to:
- Copyright: https://www.uccs.edu/copyright-information
- Information Technology Security: Policy: 700-003
- Web Identity Standards:https://www.uccs.edu/brand
- Privacy statement: https://www.uccs.edu/privacystatement
- Intellectual Property That is Educational Materials: https://www.cu.edu/policies/aps/academic/1014.pdf
The UCCS Social Media Policy 800-002 is hosted on the VCAF Policies website and can be directly downloaded as a PDF. It is reproduced below.