|This course is designed for individuals who use the PeopleSoft Financial and/or Cognos Reporting Systems. It is an instructor-led, hands-on training that fulfills course requirements Financial Inquiry #A00101 and Financial General Ledger #A00102. If you would like to verify if this is a required training for your system access role, please review the Finance/Procurement Access Guide.|
Finance & Report Training
This training will fulfill your requirements for:
- Financial Inquiry - In Person - Course # A00101
- Financial - General Ledger - In Person Course # A00102
|Scheduled Training Sessions|
|When:||Wednesday, June 27, 2018||Wednesday, August 29, 2018||Friday, March 22, 2019|
|Where:||EPC 239 Lab (Library)||EPC 239 Lab (Library)||EPC 239 Lab (Library)|
|Class:||Inquiry||General Ledger||Inquiry||General Ledger||Inquiry||General Ledger|
|Time:||9:00am - 12:00p,||1:00pm - 3:30pm||8:30am - 12:00pm||1:00pm - 3:30pm||9:00am - 12:00pm||1:00pm - 3:30pm|
You will learn about:
- Fund Accounting, Chartfields, JE creation, Cash Receipts
- The basics of Cognos Reports
This hands-on workshop will show you:
- How to access the Cognos Reporting System
- How to navigate from report to report and back again
- How to read the various reports
- How to Identify the different transactions hitting your statement
The reports that will be reviewed are:
- m-Fin Speedtype Summary
- m-Fin Operating Summary
- m-Fin Financial Detail
- m-Fin Outstanding Encumbrance
Enrollment for training sessions is hosted through the university's learning management system, SkillSoft.
1) Login to the UCCS Portal: https://portal.prod.cu.edu/MyUCCSFedAuthLogin.html
2) Select the CU Resources tab at the top of the page.
3) In the navigation bar, click Training and select "Start SkillSoft"
4) Select CU Instructor Led Training Folder
5) Select UCCS and then Finance.
6) This training is composed of two sessions: Finance Inquiry and Finance General Ledger.
*Please enroll in sessions at least 24 hours prior to training date*
Last Reviewed on 10/13/2017