You will usually work with FOPPS and SpeedTypes that have already been set up for your unit. However, upon occasion, you may need to set up a new Fund-Org-Program or Project ChartField combination, create a new account, or make changes to an existing ChartField to more accurately reflect your unit's activities. For example, if your department will be hosting a major conference, you might need a new FOPPS to track the registration fees and conference costs.
To create or modify a ChartField, use the ChartField Request Form:
- The system-wide ChartField Request Form can also be found at the Office of University Controller Forms page. From the list of forms, choose the "ChartField Request - SpeedType, Program Subclass" form (this is the 7th one on the list).
- Scroll to ChartField Request and click on it.
- An Excel workbook with multiple worksheets will open. Fill out the ChartField Request Form.
- Be sure to follow all of the instructions contained in each worksheet.
- Submit the Chartfield Forms via email to the Accounting Department.
Send Chartfield Request Forms To: email@example.com
- You will be notified by email when your request has been approved and the ChartField is ready to use.
FOPPS Component (Guide): http://www.cu.edu/controller/policies/fopps-component
Chartfield Request Forms: https://www.cu.edu/controller/forms-0
Last Reviewed on 02/11/2016