Questions and Answers


Questions and Answers


Cash Transfer vs BJE:

When do you do a cash transfer versus a Budget Journal Entry (BJE)

  • A cash journal is used to move funds from a fund 10 to 20, 20 to 20, 72 to 10, 2X to 2X, etc. (*restrictions apply, please use the link below.)
  • All cash transfers are created and approved by the Accounting Office. For requests please see contact information below.
  • A BJE is used when moving from a fund 10 to a fund 10, because these FOPPS are only budget driven.
  • BJE's can be created by individual departments with all approvals of BJE's done by the Budget Office.
    • The only time a cash journal is used for grants is moving the residuals of a fixed price to a fund 26.
    • Strict restrictions are set on fund 34's.

Cash and Fund Balance Transfer Table for UCCS

For questions about cash transfer please contact: