• The form must be submitted on or before August 1st for the Fall semester, or December 15th for the Spring semester. Requests made after these dates may not be guaranteed approval.
• Students will be sent notification via their UCCS student email account the week prior to move-in for each semester.
• Early arrival to campus is limited to students enrolled at UCCS for the upcoming semester with a completed housing application and housing assignment for the current academic year.
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accept early arrival requests from students who do not have a completed housing application and have not yet received a housing assignment for the upcoming semester
• If a student has not yet received an on-campus assignment, that student needs to contact Residence Life and Housing via email (email@example.com) to discuss possible options.
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accommodate students who are not living on-campus for the upcoming semester
• Residence Life and Housing cannot accommodate students transitioning from summer housing on campus to off-campus housing.
• Early arrivals will start no earlier than three (3) days before the date of first-year student move-in.
Students may be placed in a temporary room for early arrival.
• Temporary rooms may be in a different suite, building, or village than their permanent placement for the academic year.
• Students who are placed in temporary rooms will be notified when their permanent assignment is ready for occupancy.
• If a student is placed in a temporary room, they will have 24 hours from the time of notification to transition into their permanent assignment. Students need to make sure that their temporary room is cleaned and ready for another student upon moving to their permanent space.
$40.00 per night
• The sponsoring department or athletic team may pay the cost of early arrival for the student.
• Early arrival will be billed to the student account for all otherwise eligible students.
• Students may not pay with cash or check.
• If a student is assigned to a temporary room, and that space is not cleaned after the student moves to their permanent space, then the minimum cost for cleaning is $40.00, and the student could be charged an improper checkout fee of $50.00.
• No; once keys have been picked up by a student, that student is responsible for the keys and will be charged the early arrival rate.
• If athletes arrive early without the team covering early arrival costs, then that student will be responsible for payment of early arrival fees.
• Athletes who are part of an end-of-the-year athletic camp with conference services may transition to an early arrival student at the conclusion of the camp, with fees still applying.
• The department the student is employed for would need to sponsor them, otherwise the student would be responsible for the early arrival charge.
• A letter from the hiring department on campus needs to be provided to Residence Life and Housing, with the student's position and dates of work listed.
• Check-ins are between 8am and 5pm at the Monarch Front Desk for Summit residents or the La Plata Front Desk for residents of Village at Alpine Valley or the Alpine Village Apartments.
• Check-ins after 5pm or on weekends in either village will need to call the RA on call. This number is posted on the buildings.
• A UCCS ID is required at the time of check in.
• Resident Assistants or Conference Assistants are on call after 5pm to help with lockouts or other safety needs. If a student is locked out of their room, they will be documented for a lock out.
• After two courtesy lockouts, students will be charged the lock out rate of $25 per additional lockout.
• Dining halls do not open until the actual move-in day for first year students.
• Campus dining venues do have limited hours and we encourage students to visit the dining and food service website at: //www.uccs.edu/diningservices
• Monarch desk 719-255-6288: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
• La Plata Desk 719-255-4042: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
• Summit Village On-Call: 719-255-4600
• Village at Alpine Valley On-Call: 719-255-6500
Page Last Reviewed June 10, 2019