UCCS Office of Residence Life and Housing
Graduate Assistant Position
Our office is hiring one Graduate Assistant position beginning July 2018, currently open only to all graduate students for Fall 2018, though students in the Student Affairs in Higher Education program are preferred. The minimum requirements are outlined below, but you can download a copy of the full job description by clicking here.
- This is a two year commitment.
- Maintain full time enrollment in a graduate program at UCCS, preferably Student Affairs in Higher Education, Counseling, or related.
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA, cumulative and semester.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least one year of experience as a student living in residential housing at an institution of higher education and involvement in campus life is preferred. Previous experience working in on-campus housing or in hall government is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Required to live on campus in a single occupancy apartment.
To apply, please email the following items to Steve Horner at email@example.com no later than June 8th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
- Cover letter
- A list of three professional references and one personal reference (include name, relationship, phone number, and e-mail address)
- In two typed pages or less, answers to the following questions:
a. Discuss your interest in this position and how your previous experiences could positively impact the UCCS Office of Residence Life and Housing.
b. Discuss your experience with on-campus living, as well as any experience working in campus housing or hall government.
c. Explain how the Residence Life and Housing Graduate Assistantship position would impact your future career.
Page Last Reviewed May 22, 2018