University Outstanding Research Mentorship Award
University Outstanding Research Mentorship Award - DEADLINE EXTENDED: NOVEMBER 7, 2019 AT 5PM
This award recognizes the extraordinary efforts by a faculty and/or staff member for providing outstanding research mentoring to UCCS students, staff, research associates, and/or faculty. A research mentor can facilitate another person’s research development and research success in a number of ways, including by promoting access to information and resources, facilitating skill development and networking, and/or serving as a coach for navigating the research landscape. A research mentor fosters the success of individual students, staff, research associates, and/or faculty members. Our goal is to acknowledge the impact of research mentors in creating a positive culture of research at UCCS.
Candidates will be judged on their research mentoring records. Specific requirements are that the candidates:
- Be a faculty or staff member at UCCS
- Have not previously received this award
- Anyone may nominate the candidate. Self-nominations are accepted.
- Supporting materials are to be assembled by the nominator and must include:
- A cover page with the candidate’s name, rank, department, and contact information.
- A (double spaced, 500 word maximum) nomination letter.
- A narrative (double spaced, 1000 word maximum) of the candidate’s research mentoring activities and skills that includes breadth (e.g., mentoring multiple people), depth (e.g., creating opportunities) and impact of mentoring efforts on UCCS faculty, students, and/or staff (e.g., publications, admission to graduate school, professional advancement, grant activity, awards).
- Supporting Letter(s) (maximum of three letters). Letters can be from anyone within the university currently or formerly. Letters should address the exceptional performance as a research mentor and the impact on mentees’ development and success. At least one letter should be from a mentee.
- Supporting materials should be assembled as a single PDF and emailed to the Office of Research at: OOR@UCCS.EDU
Friday November 1, 2019 at 5pm DEADLINE EXTENDED: NOVEMBER 7, 2019 AT 5PM
The winner will receive a certificate and $1500 presented at Mountain Lion Research Day. The recipient will chair the review committee for the award in the following year.
Funding for the award is provided by the Office of Research and the Office of the Provost.