Homemade Miso Soup - Download Recipe
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups dashi
- 2-3 tbsp miso
- Ingredients of your choice (Carrots, daikon, mushroom, tofu)
- Possibilities are endless!!
- Add dashi into a saucepan.
- Add hard root vegetables in dashi BEFORE you boil it. Once boiled, lower the heat and simmer until the vegetables become tender.
- Soft vegetables like leafy green, mushrooms, and tofu should be added AFTER dashi is boiling since they require less cooking time.
- Add small amount of miso at a time. Put miso inside a ladle and slowly add dashi into the ladle to let the miso dissolve completely.
- Once you add miso, NEVER BOIL miso soup because it can lose flavor and aroma.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as green onions. Enjoy!
Recipe derived from: thenaptimechef.com
Interested in learning more about nutrition and health? Call the Wellness Center at 255-4444 and schedule an appointment one of our dietitians, Alyssa Shrader, Merri Metcalfe or Yuka Sanui.