Three Sisters Succotash Tacos (V, Veg) - Download Recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 1 & 1/2 cups green beans
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup thinly sliced summer squash
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 leek or onion
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 package of cotija cheese (typically found in latin foods aisle)*optional
- Cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Small corn tortillas
- Thinly slice leek or onion and sauté with minced garlic and olive oil until translucent.
- Take ear of corn and remove kernels by standing it up vertically. Use a good knife and cut length wise.
- Drain and rinse pinto beans.
- Add corn kernels, beans, all other chopped vegetables, salt and pepper to pan and sauté for 5-10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from heat. On a plate, top corn tortillas with succotash mixture, garnish with cilantro or parsley, and cotija cheese. *for vegan recipe, skip cheese
Interested in learning more about nutrition and health? Call the Wellness Center at (719) 255-4444 and schedule an appointment with one of our dietitians, Alyssa Shrader or Merri Metcalfe.