Gateway guides has created presentations based on specific topics to help you talk about and practice skills that are important for your first year on campus. Whether you are completely new to campus, or getting into the swing of your freshman year, the Gateway Guides topic series has information important for you! Below you can find the topics the Gateway Guides have presented on. Contact us for information about Gateway Guides presenting to your freshman class.
- Hi My Name is..."Forming new relationships & getting to know your new campus community
- Feels Like Home: Dealing with homesickness
- Sleep Tight: Developing better sleep and rest habits
- Keep Calm and Cope On: Coping skills and dealing with life's stressor's
- Swallowing the Truth: How alcohol and drugs actually impact socializing on campus?
- Hear me Roar! What determines our identity and how does it change how we relate to the world around us?
- Worry Wart: Managing stress in the midst of change
- Once the Mask Comes Off: A candid look at relationships and sexual intimacy
- The Fork in the Road: What to do when it feels like college isn 't right for you
- Boom Boom Pow: Handling conflict and maintaining relationships
- Juggling Life: Finding balance despite all of life's demands
- Calm Before the Storm: Not just surviving finals, but thriving
- That's a Wrap: Reflecting back on the semester, successes and hopes for the future
Questions? Contact Jesie Steffes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.255.3485