Facility Rules & Regulations
- No food is permitted in the gym. Only sealable, plastic sports drinks and water are permitted in the gymnasium.
- Limit game play to half court when other users are waiting to play, or allow others to work in with you.
- No hanging on rims or nets.
- No rough housing, wrestling, pushing, or spitting (designated areas only).
- No swearing, abusive, inappropriate language or gestures towards other patrons.
- No deliberate kicking or throwing balls or other equipment at walls or ceiling.
Running Track Rules
- Walkers must use the outside lane.
- Runners must use the inside lane.
- Runners and walkers must follow the posted directional signs located on track doors and track railing that specifies a clockwise or counter clockwise direction.
- Do not block track traffic during stretching routines.
- Use extra caution when taking exercise equipment onto track for use. Always monitor the equipment and return the equipment immediately after use.
Fitness Center Rules
- Dumbbells and plates must be returned to their proper racks after use. Keep hands and feet clear of moving parts while machines are in use.
- All personal belongings should be stored in a locker. UCCS Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items left unsecured.
- No personal equipment is permitted. This includes ankle straps, barbells, clips, resistance bands, TRX bands, etc. Personal accessories, such as lifting gloves and wrist wraps, are excluded. allowed.
- No inversions are allowed; patrons may NOT hang themselves upside down from any equipment.
- No users under the age of 16 are permitted in the fitness area. Those who are 16 and 17 must complete a participation waiver must be complete prior to participation.
- No inappropriate picture taking.
- Chalk is not allowed; other lifting aids shall be utilized.
- Patrons may ask for a “spot” from any of the Fitness Center Monitors to prevent injuring yourself or others.
- Use of “collars” is mandatory when using free weight bars.
- Slamming or dropping weights (plates, dumbbells, barbells, etc.) is prohibited.
- Rubber mats must be used when weights or bars are placed on the floor surface in the free weights area. Use of rubber mats is intended to maximize the life of the floor’s surface, as well as contribute to safety.
- Removal of weight pins from their machines is prohibited.
- Use exercise machines and equipment only for their intended use.
- Please refrain from resting on equipment between sets (when others are waiting); be courteous of others and allow them to work in with you.
- Towels and/or wipes are recommended for sanitary purposes. Patrons are asked to wipe down machines using the cleaning agent bottles and towels provided.
- No food or drink is allowed in the center, with the exception of covered/closeable sports drinks and water bottles.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular training equipment when others are waiting.
Group Fitness Class Studio Rules
- Group fitness class participants must be 16 years or older to attend.
- All class participants must present a valid Fitpass. Fitpasses can be purchased at the Guest Services Desk, and provide access to any class, all semester.
- Fitpasses are non-refundable and have no cash value.
- Classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis, due to limited class sizes and equipment.
- Place bags, coats, and extra shoes in cubbies or lockers located throughout the facility.
- Please arrive on time. Participants arriving 5+ minutes late will not be permitted to enter class.
- No food, drinks, or gum allowed in the studio. Water or non-carbonated sports drinks must be in a sealed, plastic container. No glass.
- Wipe down equipment after use with provided towels and cleaning agent bottles.
- No cell phones allowed during class.
- Group fitness class schedules are subject to change pending inclement weather, instructor availability, and low participation.
Locker Room Rules
- Locks must be removed from non-rented lockers at the end of each day. Locks will be cut and removed on non-rented lockers at close of each day and a $5 fee assessed to retrieve items.
- UCCS is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No opposite sex children over the age of five permitted.
- A separate changing area is available for children or adults needing assistance.
- No pictures are to be taken within the locker rooms.
- Place used towels in the provided receptacles near entry to locker rooms.
- UCCS reserves the right to search individual lockers for university property and/or hazardous objects and materials.
- Lost and found items will be held in the UCCS Gallogly Campus Recreation & Wellness facility for period of two weeks.
The Campus Recreation dress code is designed to provide a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all patrons.
All patrons must abide by the following dress code rules in all facilities:
- Patrons must wear appropriate exercise/physical activity attire that is not overly revealing
- A full-length, non-transparent shirt fully covering the chest, back, midriff, and side areas must be worn at all times within Campus Recreation facilities, with the exception of the Aquatics Center locker rooms and Alpine Field
- Full-length non-transparent pants or shorts are permitted, however metal buttons, studs, zippers, or rivets are not permitted
- All undergarments must have an additional layer of clothing covering them, preventing the undergarment from being visible
- Closed-toe and heel, non-marketing athletic shoes must be worn at all times, with the exception of the Aquatics Center
Thank you for helping us create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment for all of our patrons!
Please note that the appropriateness of clothing will be up to the discretion of the UCCS Campus Recreation staff. UCCS Campus Recreation staff reserve the right to modify dress code parameters to accommodate certain class formats and groups.
- Always consult a physician prior to beginning a new exercise program. Do not over exercise. At the first sign of discomfort, discontinue use.
- All patrons using the facility are liable for their own safety while exercising. While UCCS Campus Recreation Staff are here to ensure your safety, ultimately exercising is at each individual’s discretion.
- Animals are not allowed in the facility. Service animals are permitted, however they are excluded from the Aquatics Center and in areas that may create a direct threat to the health and safety of others or the animal.
- Failure to comply with the posted rules may result in removal or suspension from the facility or referral to UCCS Public Safety or Dean of Students Office. UCCS Code of Conduct is administered.
NOTE: Fighting on UCCS Campus Gallogly Recreation & Wellness Center Facility grounds, including in the campus recreation building or on Alpine Field, is means for immediate dismissal from facility. Campus police will be called to assist UCCS Campus Recreation Staff in escorting fighting patrons from the premises.