How to Protect Yourself From Theft
These tips are designed to help you protect yourself on campus, in town, at your home, or while you travel. These are preventative tips and are designed to instruct you in crime prevention tactics.
- Make a list of all your valuables and keep it in a safe place. Include date of purchase, price, serial numbers, and place of purchase.
- Don't leave your belongings unattended in the classroom, library, cafeteria, gymnasium, etc...
- Always lock your bike, even if you are only going to be a few minutes!
- Register your bike with the University Police. Record the description, serial number and registration number.
- Engrave your bike with your ID number.
- Lock your doors every time you leave.
- Never leave your doors propped open!
- Always lock your car and take the keys. Lock valuables in the trunk so that a thief won't be tempted to break in.
- Park in well-lighted areas.
- Be careful when lending out belongings.