Safety is a partnership, a shared responsibility, among all parties - students, police, administrators, city leaders and community members. Giving the community tools and information to prevent crime before it happens is a top priority at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. No matter where you live or where you travel around campus, a few simple steps can dramatically reduce your chances of being a victim of crime:
- Never walk alone, particularly at night.
- Carry a cell phone and dial 911 for help.
- Lock your doors, even when you are home.
- Use your instincts and common sense as your first defense.
- Don't let anyone you don't know into your home, apartment, or residence hall.
- If you plan to drink, do so in moderation to avoid putting yourself in a position of increased risk.
- Use the network of campus safety resources.
- My Force - http://protect.myforce.com/
- Never a Victim - http://www.never-a-victim.org/ABOUT-US.html
- Refuse to be a Victim - //www.uccs.edu/pusafety/prevention/crime-prevention.html