General Evacuation Information
- In the event of a an alarm or official notification, evacuate using the nearest exit (or alternate if nearest exit is unsafe).
- USE THE STAIRS! Elevators may not be functioning during an evacuation.
- Take small personal belongings with you...keys, wallets, backpacks, purses, etc.
- Secure any hazardous materials or equipment before leaving.
- Evacuate to your designated assembly point unless otherwise instructed. If no assembly point has been established, move to a minimum of 50 feet away from your evacuated building/location.
- Check in with your supervisor, RA, or instructor to assist in accounting for all people being evacuated from your area.
- Assist persons with disabilities or special needs if it is safe to do so. If you are unable to assist, notify emergency personnel of the location and number of persons who need assistance evacuating.
- Follow directions given by emergency personnel such as police officers, firefighters, or emergency management. Do not return to the building, or move to another location, unless told to do so by officials.