Employers are required to provide training on hazard communication as well as other topics based on the employee's potential for exposure. Students who are engaged in clinicals and/or un-paid internships are often left out of these trainings. EHS has attempted to provide a broad overview of hazard communication and blood borne pathogen training for students engaged in clinicals and/or un-paid internships.
Students should also seek additional guidance/training from the location where they are performing their clinical(s) and/or un-paid internships.
Training is only available online. You can self-enroll for these courses.
- Log into Canvas
- Scroll down below their existing list of courses to Course Search.
- Type EHS into the search box and click the Go button.
- Select EHS-“specific course name”.
- Hover over the name of the course you need to enroll in. Use the dropdown arrow/chevron and click Enroll.
- A confirmation page appears, click the OK button in the lower right and you are taken into the course.
- Upon completion of the course if you have trouble with the certificate – you can just screen shot or clip a copy of achievement notice to your PI
The courses you need to take are:
EHS - HIPAA
EHS - Hazard Comm Bloodborne Pathogen Trng - Hlth Care Students
After you review the course material you will need to complete the online quiz. Upon successful completion of the quiz (70% or higher), you will receive a certificate. That certificate should be provided to your supervisor (digital copies are fine).
If you have any questions or if you do not have a UCCS canvas account, please contact Cindy Norton x 3212 firstname.lastname@example.org