Fire Extinguisher Operation/Use (Hands-on training)
This course is designed to enable employees to identify the different classes of fires and to know what to do in case of a fire. This class includes hands-on use of an extinguisher in fighting a small fire.
- OSHA Fire Protection 1910.157 (portable fire extinguishers)
- Introduction to fire protection
- Fire hazards
- Preparing for fire emergency action
- The ingredients of a fire
- Classes of fires
- Fire extinguishers types and uses
Who should attend: All University employees, including full-time, part-time, and work study, working in UCCS buildings or work areas.
Training Frequency: Initial (may be repeated annually)
Length of course: 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on audience size and questions
Course Schedule: The EHS provides this training. Call (719) 255-3201 or email Ron Honn to request more information or to sign up for this training.