Fire Extinguisher Operation/Use (hands-on training)
This course is designed to enable employees to identify the different classes of fires and to know what to do in case of a fire. This class includes hands-on use of an extinguisher in fighting a small fire.
- OSHA Fire Protection 1910.157 (portable fire extinguishers)
- Introduction to fire protection
- Fire hazards
- Preparing for fire emergency action
- The ingredients of a fire
- Classes of fires
- Fire extinguishers types and uses
Who should attend:
All University employees, including full-time, part-time, and work study, working in UCCS buildings or work areas.