The Professional and Technical Writing Program currently offers the following degree options:
- BA in English, emphasis in Professional and Technical Writing
- Minor in Professional and Technical Writing
- Minor in User Experience (UX)
- Certificates in PTW and UX are also available for students who have already earned a Bachelor’s degree.
What’s up and coming?
The Professional and Technical Writing Program at UCCS is evolving with industry and academia, and—as a result—our degree plans are, too!
- Beginning this 2018-2019 academic year, the PTW program will serve UCCS as an independent unit within the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences—we will no longer be housed within the Department of English. This change in structure will allow our program opportunities for greater curricular innovation and expanded campus partnerships. We will continue to deliver curriculum for the BA in English, emphasis in Professional & Technical Writing.
- In the 2019-2020 academic year, the PTW program will officially change its name to Technical Communication and Information Design (TCID). This new name better defines our program and describes our curricular objectives. We are excited about the future of our program!
- We are in the planning phase of not only proposing a BA in TCID, but also creating a partnership with the Bachelor of Innovation (BI) program to offer a BI in User Experience. This degree option will be one-of-a-kind, allowing students to develop entrepreneurial skills while honing abilities in UX research and design! This is the perfect degree plan for those who are interested in a multidisciplinary education that will prepare them for immediate entry into the dynamic and growing field of UX! Talk with a PTW advisor if you are interested in learning more!