The Professional and Technical Writing Program currently offers the following degree options:
- BA in English, emphasis in Professional and Technical Writing
- Minor in Professional and Technical Writing
- Minor in User Experience (UX)
- Certificates in PTW and UX are also available for students who have already earned a Bachelor’s degree.
What’s up and coming?
The Professional and Technical Writing Program at UCCS is evolving with industry and academia, and—as a result—our degree plans are, too!
- In the 2018-2019 academic year, the BA in English, emphasis in Professional and Technical Writing will not require American or British Literature courses; instead, the updated degree plan will allow students to focus more intently on design, user research, technical writing, and usability. Talk with a PTW advisor about which degree plan model is best for you!
- We are in the planning phase of creating a partnership with the Bachelor of Innovation (BI) program to offer a BI in User Experience. This degree option will be one-of-a-kind, allowing students to develop entrepreneurial skills while honing abilities in UX research and design! This is the perfect degree plan for those who are interested in a multidisciplinary education that will prepare them for immediate entry into the dynamic and growing field of UX! Talk with a PTW advisor if you are interested in learning more!