Did you know?  There is NO LONGER a need to pick up the physical permit from Parking Office after purchasing a permit.  The vehicle license plate IS the parking permit!

Motor Pool Reservations and Information

UCCS Motor Pool vehicle are reserved thru Kx

To submit an online trip ticket after returning a UCCS Motor Pool vehicle please click here

Only a limited number of vehicles are available.   Driver must have a valid US Driver's license, Department approval and provide University Speed Type to operate a Motor Pool vehicle.  Approved drivers on official business are provided with full insurance coverage.  A completed trip ticket must be returned with the keys at the end of the reservation period or additional charges accrue.  Due to safety and insurance concerns, restrictions are placed on the use of 15-passenger vans and additional training may be required.

Operators of University vehicles must be familiar with UCCS Administrative Policy Statement 400-007 Motor Vehicle Acquisitions Operations, particularly the information related to appropriate use and accident reporting.

State Contract Rentals

The State has contract service agreements with several rental car agencies.  To utilize a vehicle from these agencies the renter must have the University-issued State Travel Card, a valid driver's license, and meet the rental agency age restrictions.  With the exception of trucks, SUV's and 15-Passenger Vans, renters must decline all additional insurance coverage since full coverage is provided through the Travel Card agreement and University insurance.

Personal Vehicle.

Individuals may elect to utilize their personal vehicle for university business and claim mileage reimbursement through their sponsoring department.   No University insurance coverage is provided since the mileage allowance takes into account the total cost of vehicle operation, including mandatory liability insurance.   The owner's personal auto insurance provides coverage - some personal insurers do not cover business travel, so check your own insurance coverage!

Questions or need additional information?

Motor Pool Vehicle Regulations

UCCS Transportation Field Manager
(719) 337-8017

University Insurance Coverage & Claims

UCCS Risk Manager
(719) 255-3525

University Travel Regulations

Procurement Services Center 

Colorado Insurance Regulations & Requirements

Colorado Insurance Division
D.O.R.A. Division of Insurance

[1] Effective July 1, 2006: Avis, Budget, or (in Colorado only) Enterprise.
[2] Other than Workers' Compensation for University employees within the course & scope of their job duties.
[3] Colorado Auto Accident Reparations Act (?10-4-701, C.R.S. et. seq.).