To be eligible, students must be enrolled in the PLTW course for one academic year and attend a PLTW High School.
Requirements for High School Students to Receive Undergraduate Credit
- PLTW Teacher must have completed the appropriate Core Training for the course he/she is offering
- PLTW Teacher must provide their Resume and Course Syllabus
- Most current curriculum must be utilized, not just using one module or activity
- The student must be enrolled for the college credit via UCCS in the current year he/she is taking the course (registration will be February/March) as the PLTW are traditionally year-long courses.
- The student must complete the End of Course (EoC) assessment from PLTW and must receive at least a 4 on the EoC. (Ranges from 1-9 on the EoC).
- No refunds granted for students who receive below 4 on the EoC assessment. (Similar to a student taking an AP exam and not receiving a refund if the student doesn't score high enough for college credit.)
- The student's college transcript grade will be weighed in a 50/50 formula. EoC= 50% of the college grade and PLTW Assignments, Exams, Other Coursework = 50%
College Credit Grade Calculation
50% EOC, 50% school coursework
EOC Score Percentage 9 100 8 96 7 92 6 88 5 85 4 81 3 77 2 73 1 69
PLTW has released sample End-of-Course (EoC) assessment items for teachers to use. These multiple-choice assessment items allow teachers and students to become familiar with the types of questions included in the EoC Assessment. Teachers are encouraged to use these items during the school year for classroom assessment and EoC Assessment preparation. Please note, these items do not represent the content spread of the EoC Assessment, but rather the type of items students will see on the exam. These items can be used in combination with your own items. They can be found as a .zip file located in the Assessment Resources module of the ongoing training course. The file can then be downloaded.