UCCS PLTW Opportunity
Core Training 2018: June 4-29, 2018
Colorado Core Training provides educators from across the country with the tools they need to engage, inspire, and empower students. Check out the courses scheduled for Launch, Gateway and High School PLTW programs!
The conference will be held at the Colorado Springs Marriott. Registration opens in April!
MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENTS: Summer Program
June 4-8, 2018
The Gateway Academy workshop aims to ignite an interest in STEM topics for students grades 5-8. Limited to 24 students per workshop.
- Medical Detectives Workshop
- Automation and Robotics Workshop
Courses are held at Skyview Middle School on June 4th-8th, 8am to noon.
HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS: Dual Credit
UCCS Bachelor Degrees for PLTW Students
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs College of Engineering and Applied Science has created 2 new bachelor degree programs specifically for STEM students and careers. PLTW preferred admittance and dual credit eligibility.
- Bachelor of Science in Data Analytics and Systems Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Education
Colorado Affiliate University for Project Lead The Way Since 2003
Project Lead The Way (PLTW) is a national program forming partnerships among public schools, higher education institutions and the private sector in order to encourage students to expand upon their knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM).
UCCS provides quality PLTW summer training for elementary, middle school and high school teachers, ongoing training, and networking opportunities throughout the school year. The campus also provides college engineering graduate credit opportunities for those middle and high school teachers that participate in engineering summer training, and undergraduate engineering and health science credit opportunities for high school students in PLTW-certified schools.
- Earn College Credit from your high school classroom
- Integrated math, science, engineering, and technology curriculum in middle school
- Stimulating and investigatory modules in elementary schools
- Provide students with the critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Expand upon their knowledge in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
- Learn the latest PLTW techniques for the classroom
- Learn about PTLW Certifications and Dual Credit opportunities for your school
- Learn how to entice your students to become a part of PLTW
- Learn about partnerships and other funding opportunities for your school