4th Front Range Advanced Magnetics Symposium
Saturday August 25, 2018
We hope to see you at the University of Colorado - Colorado Springs for the 4th FRAMS!
- This single-session, one-day symposium will feature talks and poster sessions.
- The tradition has been for students to deliver posters and other researchers to give talks.
- As with the previous 3 symposia in this series, the registration will be free!
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Registration closed on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018.
A tentative schedule for FRAMS 2018 (revised on Wednesday August 22) can be found here. Registration and breakfast starts at 8:15am.
- Talks will be 14 minutes long with 4 minutes afterwards for questions.
The time limit for talks will be strictly adhered to, in order to allow plenty of time for discussions.
- Posters will be split into two sessions:
- All odd-numbered posters will be presented and judged in the morning.
- All even-numbered posters will be judged in the afternoon.
However, presenters are encouraged to have their posters hanging all day. Posters may be hung up during registration/breakfast.
Cork boards measure approximately 3 ft x 4 ft but there is no restriction on poster size.
Poster prizes worth $200 each will be given directly to students by Princeton Instruments.
- The Best Poster Awards went to:
- Alexandra Stuart, UCCS
- Aaron Wang, UW
- Jinjun Ding, CSU
- Shane Allen, DU
- Gavin Hester, CSU
Map of conference location at UCCS
- Take Interstate 25's exit 146 (Garden of the Gods Rd) east. This road becomes Austin Bluffs Parkway.
- The university's main campus is on top of the hill at 1420 Austin Bluffs Parkway. The entrance at Meadow Lane is closest to the conference venue.
- Parking is free in all lots on Saturdays.
- All sessions are in Dwire Hall (look for the large glass facade). Lunch and dinner will be in University Center.
- College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, UCCS
- Office of Academic Affairs, UCCS
- Magnetic North V
- Administrative support from Kristen Petersen, UCCS Biofrontiers Center
Past and future symposia
- 2019 5th FRAMS, TBA, University of Colorado at Boulder & NIST
- 2017 3rd FRAMS, August 30, University of Denver
- 2016 2nd FRAMS, August 18-19, University of Wyoming
- 2015 1st FRAMS, September 22, Colorado State University