Areas of Interest
- Colloidal Chemistry
- Negative Index of Refraction
- Ph.D., National Academy of Science of Ukraine, 1999
Honors and Awards
- UCCS Researcher of the Year (2018)
- UCCS LAS College Researcher of the Year (2018)
- Humboldt Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Germany (2002)
- Collaborative in Basic and Engineering Grant, National Academy of Sciences, USA (2002)
- INTAS Postdoctoral Fellowship, Belgium (2004)
- CU New Inventor of the Year (2011)
Detailed Research Interests
- Plasmonics: experimental and theoretical research in thin nanostructured metal films and metal nanoparticles. Optical properties of thin metal films and metal nanoparticles. Optical sub-diffraction waveguides.
- Metamaterials: experimental and theoretical research in negative index of epsilon-near-zero metamaterials. Plasmon excitations in nanostructured metal films. Graded negative index metamaterials. Microwave metamaterials and their applications to advanced antenna.
- Biophysics: development of ultrasensitive optical biochemical sensors for biomarkers detections. Single cell bio-imaging by using advanced photoluminescent biomarkers.
- Photovoltaic: experimental and theoretical research in the area of advanced nanostructured plasmonic solar cells.