On December 26, 2013, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) published in the Federal Register the "Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards; Final Rule" ("Uniform Guidance"), 2 CFR Chapter I, Chapter II, Part 200.
The Uniform Guidance will supersede requirements set forth in OMB Circulars A-21 , A-110, and A-133. The Uniform Guidance has an effective date of December 26th, 2014, with the exception of the audit requirements, which are scheduled to be effective the first fiscal year that begins after December 26, 2014. Each federal agency has been charged with developing its own implementation plan and submitting that plan to OMB for approval. It is anticipated that each agency will publish a plan which will require assessment and analysis.
KEY DOCUMENTS AND REFERENCE TOOLS
- 2 CFR Part 200: eCFR - Code of Federal Regulations
- COFAR FAQ's, Updated July 2017
- COFAR FAQ's, February 12, 2014
- OMB Policy Statements: Uniform Grant Guidance
- Uniform Guidance Crosswalk from Existing Guidance to Final Guidance
- Cost Principles Comparison Chart -- 2 CFR Part 225 (A-87), 2 CFR Part 220 (A-21), 2 CFR Part 230 (A-122), and Final Uniform Guidance
- Audit Requirements Comparison Chart -- OMB Circular A-133 and Proposed Uniform Guidance Subpart F
- Definitions Comparison Chart
- Administrative Requirements Comparison Chart
- FDP/COGR White Paper on the Uniform Guidance (June 4, 2014)