Out-of-State Orientation Checklist

A state issued means of personal identification, passport, or school ID.

You will need a myUCCS account to register for classes. This is different from the account you had prior to being accepted to UCCS. To do this, you will need your Student ID number. If you do not know your number, contact Records (719-255-3361). Once you have your Student ID number, click here and select Claim Your Account. Follow the instructions and retrieve your UCCS username and set your password. Contact the IT Helpdesk at 719-255-3536 with any issues you encounter.

Math Placement Test Information:

If you have previously taken a 100-level or higher math course (excluding statistics), or have adequate AP or IB test grades, you do not need to take the Math Placement Test (MPT).

- Do you need to take the Math Placement Test? If your major is not listed, you do not need to take the MPT.

- The MPT costs a nominal amount, and it is only available online here.

- Be sure to complete the MPT at least 48 hours prior to orientation.

- If you need the MPT and do not take it prior to orientation, you will be unable to enroll in a math class at orientation.

- Contact mpt@uccs.edu with any questions (reply may take 1-2 business days).

Chemistry Placement Test Information

You need to complete the Chemistry Placement Test (CPT) if you are majoring in: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering Education, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Pre-Professional programs (pre-med, pre-pharm, pre-dent. etc.), or Secondary Education options in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.

Click here for instructions on how to take the CPT and for more information.

Freshmen who are under the age of 20 and have less than 30 hours of completed college course work will be required to live in the residence halls at UCCS. Colorado residents of El Paso, Teller, Douglas, and Pueblo counties are exempt from this residency requirement. However, all freshmen are highly encouraged to explore living on the UCCS campus for a more positive college transition, as well as a more successful academic and social experience. A Residence Life and Housing application is still necessary in order to assign the desired building, room type and roommate. For questions regarding the housing application, please contact 719-255-4042 or housing@uccs.edu.

You can learn how to do that here. COF will allow for a reduction in your tuition when you enroll in classes. When you enroll in your classes at orientation, you will authorize your COF stipend to be paid to UCCS. You have the option of authorizing COF each semester when you enroll in classes, or you may choose the Lifetime Authorization (you only authorize once, that authorization stays in effect until you change it). If you do not apply for, and authorize COF, you will pay full tuition. For questions about authorizing COF, please contact the Bursar office at 719-255-3391. For questions about COF eligible courses and lifetime COF hours, please contact the Registrar's office at 719-255-3361.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment requires all students to submit (upload) certified immunization records showing proof of two Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccines. If you are living on campus, please also upload a certified record showing proof of a meningitis shot. Failure to do this will result in a hold being placed on your student account which will prevent you from registering for your second semester of classes. You can still attend orientation without turning these in. You can turn in your records by uploading them to the UCCS Wellness Center Portal. For more information, visit the Wellness Center website or contact the Wellness Center at 719-255-4444.

Due to space limitations, each student is only permitted two parents/guests. Students and their parents/guests will be separated for a majority of the day. If you have any questions related to this, please contact 719-255-3181.

If you, or a parent/guest, have a disability and will need assistance at your orientation session, please contact the Orientation Office at 719-255-3181. It is preferred to contact us at least one week before your orientation session.

If you, or a parent/guest attending with you, have a food allergy, please contact 719-255-3181 at least one week prior to your orientation session. For freshmen orientation sessions on the UCCS campus, lunch will be provided for you and your guests.

Yes. If you decide on a different major from what you originally noted on your orientation reservation, please contact the Orientation Office at orientation@uccs.edu immediately. You will have time to meet with just one advisor at your orientation session. We need to ensure you meet with the correct advisor and that you receive the appropriate academic plan at orientation.

The Ent Lion OneCard is an all-in-one card serving as a UCCS campus ID and Ent debit card. Ent is the official financial services partner of UCCS located on the first floor of the University Center.

The Ent Lion OneCard is an all-in-one card serving as a UCCS campus ID and Ent debit card. You can get your all-in-one card by speaking to Ent Credit Union at orientation check-in, visiting the Ent Service Center on the first floor of the University Center, or online. To open a new account in person, please bring with you a valid government issued ID, your Social Security number and $5.