Students, parents, and family members are together for the first half of their orientation until 1:00 p.m., and they will reconvene at 4:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. -- Check-in for students interested in opening an Ent Lion OneCard (Optional).
10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. -- Check-in, Student IDs, and Resource Fair
- Visit with representatives from student clubs and organizations, academic support services, and campus resources. Financial Aid (Cragmor 201) and Disability Services (Main Hall 105) will also be open until 5:00 p.m. on weekday orientations.
11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. -- Lunch and University Welcome
12 noon - 12:20 p.m. -- Student Life and Leadership Presentation
- This entertaining session showcases the numerous ways that students can get involved on campus through participation in a variety of clubs, exciting student events, and multiple student leadership offerings.
12:30 p.m. - 12:50 p.m. -- Student Success Session (Choose one)
- UCCS Success Advice - Join one of our award winning professors as they share some academic success advice from a professor's perspective.
- UCCSlead - Join us to learn more about how to get involved in a student leadership development program open to all undergraduate students. This program is designed to develop leadership skills and engaged leadership experiences.
12:50 p.m. - 1:10 p.m. -- Orientation Welcome Leader Introductions (Students and Guest Dismissal into Separate Programs)
1:15 p.m. - 1:55 p.m. -- Contributing to College
- This session will discuss the financial aid processes, how to navigate a student's bill payments, and setting up an authorized payer.
2:05 p.m. - 2:35 p.m. -- UCCS Faculty or Veteran/Military Benefits Breakout (Choose one)
- Faculty Panel - Faculty members share their expectations and strategies for student success.
- Veteran and Military Benefits - Learn more about how to use military benefits to help pay for UCCS tuition and connect with other military affiliated resources on campus.
2:50 p.m. - 3:35 p.m. -- The Wonderful World of Wellness
- Learn about strategies and resources available on campus to help your student be happy, healthy, and safe on campus.
3:45 - 4:15 p.m. -- Planning for the Future Breakouts
- Career Center Services - The Career Center helps students explore career options, prepare for their future, and achieve their career goals. Join this session to learn more about the services and resources provided to support your student's career.
- Academic Advising - Curious about how your student creates their schedule and what requirements are needed for graduation? Join this session as we walk through the class registration process that your student is currently embarking upon.
4:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. -- Additional Opportunities
- Residence Life Information and Housing Tours - Join Residence Life for information about living on campus, and this is an opportunity to tour the residence hall room types and locations.
- Campus Tour - Join us as we explore the highlights of campus including the Excel Centers, Library, University Center, and much more.