First-Year Orientation Preparation Checklist

A state issued means of personal identification, passport, or school ID. UCCS values sustainability, and hydration stations will be available throughout campus.


You will need a myUCCS account to register for classes. This is different from the account you had prior to being accepted to UCCS. To do this, you will need your Student ID number. If you do not know your number, contact Records (719.255.3361). Once you have your Student ID number, click here and select Claim Your Account. Follow the instructions to retrieve your UCCS username and set your password. Contact the I.T. Helpdesk at 719.255.3536 with any issues you encounter.

Math Placement Information:

UCCS uses a student’s ACT and/or SAT math subtest scores for placement into the following math courses. To view math requirements for your major, please refer to the placement test website. If you have any questions regarding alternative placement options, please contact

Math Placement Scores (Effective Fall 2019)


ACT Score

SAT Score


SAT Score Old

Accuplacer Score

Math 090

No required score

Math 099




265+ on Next Gen Quant. Alg. Stats Test

Math 1040

College Algebra




245 on Next Gen Advanced Algebra and Functions Test

Math 1050

Elementary Functions for Calculus




280 on Next Gen Advanced Algebra and Functions Test

Math 1120

Calculus for Business and Economics




280 on Next Gen Advanced Algebra and Functions Test

Math 1330

Calculus for the Life Sciences




Passing score on “local test”

Math 1350

Calculus 1




Passing score on “local test”

Chemistry Placement Test Information

You need to complete the Chemistry Placement Test (CPT) if you are majoring in: Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Engineering Education, Exercise Science, Health Sciences, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Pre-Professional programs (pre-med, pre-pharm, pre-dent., etc.), or Secondary Education options in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.

Click here for instructions on how to take the CPT and for more information.

First-year students who are under the age of 20 and have less than 30 hours of completed college course work will be required to live in the residence halls at UCCS. Colorado residents of El Paso, Teller, Douglas, and Pueblo counties are exempt from this residency requirement. However, all first-year students are highly encouraged to explore living on the UCCS campus for a more positive college transition, as well as a more successful academic and social experience. A Residence Life and Housing application is still necessary in order to assign the desired building, room type, and roommate. For questions regarding the housing application, please contact 719.255.4042 or

You can learn how to do that here. COF will allow for a reduction in your tuition when you enroll in classes. When you enroll in your classes at orientation, you will authorize your COF stipend to be paid to UCCS. You have the option of authorizing COF each semester when you enroll in classes, or you may choose the Lifetime Authorization (you only authorize once, that authorization stays in effect until you change it). If you do not apply for, and authorize COF, you will pay full tuition. For questions about authorizing COF, please contact the Bursar Office at 719.255.3391. For questions about COF eligible courses and lifetime COF hours, please contact the Registrar's Office at 719.255.3361.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment requires all students to submit (upload) certified immunization records showing proof of two Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccines. If you are living on campus, please also upload a certified record showing proof of a meningitis shot. Failure to do this will result in a hold being placed on your student account which will prevent you from registering for your second semester of classes.

You can still attend orientation if you are unable to upload your records before your orientation, but you will want to complete this requirement as soon as possible to prevent a class registration hold on your account. Please upload your records to this portal which will be available 3-5 business days after submitting your orientation reservation: UCCS Wellness Center Portal. For more information, visit the Wellness Center website or contact the Wellness Center at 719.255.4444.

For an on-campus orientation, please only park in one of the designated parking lots or parking garage listed in your confirmation email. Signs will direct you to parking once you reach campus. Parking will be free for students and their parents/guests on the day of orientation.

Due to space limitations, each student is only permitted two parents/guests. Students and their parents/guests will be separated for a majority of the day. If you have any questions related to this, please contact 719.255.3181

If you, or a parent/guest, have a disability and will need assistance at your orientation session, please contact the Orientation Office at 719.255.3045. It is preferred to contact us at least one week prior to your orientation session.

If you, or a parent/guest attending with you, have a food allergy, please contact 719.255.3045 at least one week prior to your orientation session. For first-year orientation sessions on the UCCS campus from April-August, lunch will be provided for you and your guests. November -January Orientations will include light snacks and refreshments. 

Yes. If you decide on a different major from what you originally noted on your orientation reservation, please contact the Orientation Office at immediately. You will have time to meet with just one academic advisor at your orientation session. We need to ensure you meet with the correct academic advisor and that you receive the appropriate academic plan at orientation.

The Ent Lion OneCard is an all-in-one card serving as a UCCS campus ID and Ent debit card. Ent is the official financial services partner of UCCS located on the first floor of the University Center. Stop by the Ent Credit Union table at orientation, visit Ent onlineor come into the Ent Service Center for an in-person visit to learn more.

Gateway Program Seminar classes are the best way to meet other students interested in the same things as you, all while learning how to navigate college life at UCCS. Visit this site for more information.

The Ent Lion OneCard is an all-in-one card serving as a UCCS campus ID and Ent debit card. You can get your all-in-one card by speaking with an Ent Credit Union representative at the orientation check-in, visiting the Ent Service Center on the first floor of the University Center, or visiting online. To open a new account in person, please bring a valid government issued ID, your Social Security number, and $5.