- You must be officially admitted to UCCS for the current term in order to register for an orientation session. If you are officially admitted for the current term, it is recommended that you register for a session as soon as possible. Please be sure to double-check your personal calendar before you electronically submit the reservation form. If you have not been admitted to UCCS for the current term, your orientation reservation will not be processed. Please check with Admissions at 719.255.3084 for the status of your application.
- First-Year Students - Orientation reservations are available starting February 18th, 2019.
- Transfer Students - Orientation reservations are available starting February 18th, 2019.
- All new, undergraduate, degree-seeking students are required to attend an orientation session. Orientation is designed to help you become familiar with campus, learn about campus resources, meet other new students, and register for your classes. This is your first step as a new Mountain Lion, and we are excited to have you join us for orientation.
- Parent participation is optional. While parents and guests are welcome to attend orientation, first-year and transfer orientation sessions will have a separate program designed for them, and they will not be able to stay with you throughout the program. Each student is limited to two guests.
- Similar to parents not going to classes with their students, parents do not go to orientation with students. Students attending orientations have different needs and questions than parents. We have designed our orientations to reflect this, and we believe that this will be the best experience for both students and parents.
- While online orientation covers basic information about UCCS, it is no substitute for an interactive, in-depth orientation session. Permission to complete online orientation is only granted to out-of-state students with extenuating circumstances. If you are an out-of-state student interested in online orientation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No need to worry! You do not have to choose a major before you attend orientation. First-year students: Students who have not declared a major or are undecided about their major will have the opportunity to meet with the Pre-Majors academic advisor and other undecided students in the Undecided advising room.
- You can contact the Office of Student Admissions/Recruitment at 719.255.3084 for help with your class registration.