The IT Department partners with other campus departments to offer a variety of Software Applications and Tools for Students, Staff, and Faculty. These applications are available on all IT operated Lab computers.
- Available on IT Lab computers throughout campus
- Access to Student, Staff, and Faculty resources
- Includes Paw Prints services
Users do not need to own a computer or purchase Software to use these campus resources. Many of the applications are required by certain courses and/or instructors. Some applications are available for user to run on their own free-of-charge.
Who May Use This Service?
All current Students, Staff, and Faculty.
How Do I Get Started?
Visit any of the open computer labs operated by the IT department and loin to the Lab computer of your choice. Applications are listed on the Desktop and in the Menus.
What Is Included With This Service?
The current Software available on the IT Lab computers is listed below. If you would like to request new Software for your class or coursework, please complete the 'Computer Labs Software Request' form by clicking the following link: UCCS Self-Service Portal.
When Is Support Available For This Service?
How Much Does This Service Cost?
IT Lab Software is provided in-part with Student Technology Fees.
How Do I Get Training For This Service?
All users can contact an IT Lab advisor or a technician at the IT Help Desk for assistance on using the IT Lab Software. Faculty can visit the FRC (Faculty Resource Center) for assistance on using Applications in a classroom/ instructional setting.
How do I Request Other Software be Installed on Lab Machines?
Other software can be installed on lab computers by filling out the Computer Lab Software Request form located here: Cherwell Self Service Portal
Software requests must be submitted by July 1st for Fall Semester, and December 1st for Spring Semester. Requests submitted after these dates will only be considered under special circumstances.
- Click on Cherwell Self Service Portal
- Click on "Computer Lab Software Request Form" located in the "Computer Labs" portion.
- Sign in using your UCCS username and password.
- Read all of the information at the top of the page (also located below) listing the requirements and guidelines for software to be installed on Lab Computers.
- Fill out all of the information requested in the form. The more details that are provided, the better. If information is missing, it can delay the approval process.
- Press "Save" at the top of the screen.
Once the request has been submitted, it goes to our Lab Administrators team for analysis, testing, then installation if approved. You will be notified if the request was approved, rejected, or if we require additional information to process the request.
The IT Department receives many requests to add software applications to our computers and classrooms. In most cases these requests can be accommodated, but due to the limited number of resources and heavy demand, careful steps must be taken to avoid any disruptions or conflicts. Please refer to the following guidelines when submitting a request for specialized software in the labs and classrooms:
- Software requests can only be submitted by University departments, faculty members, or other campus members with a valid UCCS user account. Any person submitting a request will be designated as the Sponsor for that software.
- Software requests must be submitted using the IT Help Desk Cherwell Self Service Portal at https://ithelp.uccs.edu/CherwellPortal/IT by completing the Computer Labs Software Request form.
- Software requests must be submitted by July 1st for Fall Semester and December 1st for Spring Semester. Requests submitted after these dates will only be considered under special circumstances.
- Sponsors are responsible for providing the correct software media, web URL's, support documentation, and licensing information to the IT Department when submitting a software request.
- The requested software must be able to run on the computer hardware and operating systems available in the labs, and must be supported under those constraints by the software publisher.
- Any software requiring a license must utilize a campus site license or concurrent-usage license model for multiple clients. For software with licensing server options, any additional required resources must be provided by the Sponsor. License compliance will be verified before the software is approved and installed.
- The IT Department reserves the right to refuse the installation of any software that uses problematic copy protection methods, requires changes to security or firewall settings, or causes any disruptive changes to the existing lab image.
- Campus IT Lab Images are updated once per semester and any software determined to be obsolete or without a license or sponsor may be removed. It is the sponsor's responsibility to maintain an active license or support contact for their software and any version changes or updates must be submitted by the software request deadlines.
The IT Department cannot always guarantee the full functionality of your software after installation and testing. It is the responsibility of the Sponsor to test and verify their software works as expected prior to its use.
Windows PC Software for IT LAB Image
Windows 10 Enterprise v1807 Image v7 - Spring 2019
Updated February 19, 2019
|Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit||All Labs|
|Windows Photo Viewer|
|Microsoft Internet Explorer 11|
|Microsoft .NET Framework|
|Windows Defender Security Center|
|Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10|
|Microsoft Sticky Notes, Calculator, OneDrive, Photos, Maps, Weather (store apps)|
|Microsoft Windows Media Player|
|Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus (64-bit)||College of Business Labs|
|Microsoft Office Project and Visio 2016|
|Java 8||All Labs|
|Equitrac Express Client|
|Epson V600 Scanner Software + ABBYY FineReader||Scanner Connected Computers|
|Read & Write Enterprise 11.5.5||All Labs|
|Read & Write web browser extension for Google Chrome|
|Samsung Digital Presenter (SDP-850DX) Document Camera – Drivers and Software||Podium Computers|
|Bomgar Jump Client|
|Epson Easy Interactive Tools 4.22|
|WolfVision vSolution Link 2|
|Google Chrome||All Labs|
|Cisco WebEx web browser extension for Google Chrome|
|Respondus LockDown Browser Lab Edition|
|FileZilla FTP Client|
|Adobe Acrobat Reader DC||All Labs|
|Adobe Flash Player 30 (NPAPI)|
|Adobe Flash Player 30 (PPAPI)|
|Adobe Shockwave Player Plugin|
|Apple iTunes||All Labs|
|VideoLan VLC Player|
|Media Player Classic - Home Cinema|
|PerkinElmer ChemDraw Prime 18||All Labs|
|Wavefunction Spartan '18 + HASP Service|
|NoMachine Enterprise Client||All Labs|
|VMware Horizon Client 4.5|
|VMware Client Integration Browser Plug-in|
|Linear Technology - Ltspice XVII|
|Aptana Studio 3 (with Git and Node.js)||COH 329 - Magellan Only|
|ArcGIS Desktop 10.6||All Labs|
|ArcGIS Earth||COH 329 - Magellan Only|
|Google Earth Pro 7.3||All Labs|
|IDRISI TerrSet 18.3|
|Microsoft ODBC Driver 13.1 for SQL Server|
|PostgreSQL 9.6.3||COH 329 - Magellan Only|
|PythonWin 32 (py2.7) - for ArcGIS Desktop||All Labs|
|QGIS 2.14.5||CENT 245 - Dax Only|
|SkyLineSoft TerraExplorer Plug-In 6.6.1||COH 329 - Magellan Only|
|SkyLineSoft TerraExplorer Viewer 6.6.1|
|Trimble GPS Pathfinder Office (5.58)|
|Trimble SketchUp Make 2017||All Labs|
|MatLab R2018a||All Labs|
|Mathematical Visualization Toolkit 5.0.1|
|Tex Package (TeXnicCenter 2.02, MikTeX 2.9.5105, GSView 5.0, Ghostscript 9.15)||Math Center Only|
|IBM SPSS 25||All Labs|
|IBM AMOS 25|
|Optimal Design Plus 3.01|
|R Package (R 3.4.3 and RStudio Desktop 1.1.383)|
|STATA 15 / SE||COH 230 & COH 231A Only|
|G*Power 220.127.116.11||All Labs|
|HLM 7||COH 231A Only|
|The Food Processor SQL 11||All Labs|
|Dell OSD Drivers v18.104.22.168||All Labs|