UCCS requires an approved antivirus program to connect to UCCS networks.
When Is Support Available For This Service?
- Posted IT Help Desk hours
- Other support will be provided by the individual antivirus program; i.e. contact Sophos for further assistance if that's the program that is installed
Faculty and Staff University Owned Computers
- Sophos for Mac
- System Center Endpoint Protection for Windows
Personally Owned Computers
UCCS requires an approved antivirus program. Only ONE of the following approved programs should be installed and it should be actively monitoring and protecting the system.
- ESET (NOD32)
- EZ Antivirus
- iolo System Shield
- Malwarebytes Antivirus
- Microsoft Security Products -Microsoft has released a number of Anti-Virus programs with differing naming conventions. The listing is as follows:
- Windows Defender (Built into Windows 8, 8.1, and 10)
- Microsoft Security Essentials
- WebRoot (SpySweeper)
- Symantec and Norton
- Vipre Antivirus
Apple Macintosh Systems:
- Microsoft SCEP