Comings & Goings
We wish these team members the best in their future endeavors:
Kelsey Hunt will be leaving her position on May 21st.
Jeremy Sparks will be joining the CU Boulder Web Services team on June 3.
Help Desk Manager - new
Media Specialist - interviews in progress
Business Intelligence Analyst - interviews in progress
Business Intelligence Analyst Manager - interviews in progress
Additional information about these positions can be found on CU Careers.
In just ten days, the Help Desk and Telecom Switchboard will be merging! What does this mean? A few things.
- Interactive Voice Recognition (IVR) will be put into place for all calls coming into the campus through the 719-255-UCCS number.
- A large benefit of the IVR will allow our outside callers to skip waiting in a queue to speak to a person, and immediately be transferred to their desired location.
- Operators will still be assisting callers who bypass the IVR system.
- On-campus users who use the 255-UCCS number to be transferred to internal extensions are encouraged to use the Phone Directory to locate the person they are trying to reach.
- The information shown within this directory may be updated by using the Self Service Portal and selecting Directory Update under the Telecom and Phone section.
- The merger will allow OIT to provide consistent customer service to our campus and callers.
The merge between these two areas will be effective on Monday, May 20th.