- Funding conversations continue for the remodel of EPC 101, 110, and the Help Desk. At this time the project has been delayed until further notice.
- EPC 139 will remain as an office until further notice (beyond the January 8, 2019 date)
- We finished the first week of the Clyde's Cupboard Food Drive strong, with 110 points! As we enter the second week, continue to watch Teams for more information and ways you can participate.
- Feel like you are missing out on what's being communicated? What something to be communicated to the campus or OIT? Check out the Communications channel (and calendar) on Teams! This calendar shows what is being communicated and how, as well as giving you the ability to request communications. Just click on the calendar, fill in the information and we'll work together to make sure it gets done! The calendar can also be added through your Outlook.
- Educause is in Denver next week! If you are attending please make sure to update your calendar and out of office response.
24/7 Help Desk Coming Spring 2019
OIT will engage an outside company to provide extended hours (24/7 phone, chat, e-mail support) beginning Spring 2019. Additional information will be provided once the contract has been signed.
Involvio, a student success mobile app, will be replacing Orgsync (also known as Mountain Lion Connect) in January 2019. The app will be available in the usual mobile online stores. Kirk has been working closely with Student Life in this new project which is now being called UCCSconnect.
Orientation has been successfully using the Involvio app for the past two years and with the assistance of this project, the app will be made available to all students for club engagement, student government activities, communication platform and calendaring.
SSO is now working and in collaboration with UIS the next step is to import student data and student schedules.
Dell Backup Project
Dell/EMC and UCCS kicked off the backup project yesterday. Install will start next week and continue for several weeks. The backup project encompasses:
- Laptop/Desktop backups across campus
- OIT Data and Servers
- Research data
The project will also help streamline build processes at the Help Desk and allow users to get better control of their critical data. With both the backup and collaboration projects, end users across campus should have a better sense of where their data is stored and how to store it. Target completion date is end of November.
AcademicWorks, a complete scholarship management system, went live last week - but only for training purposes. Starting November 2018, AcademicWorks will not only allow students to search for scholarships through myUCCS portal, but will give the scholarship review committee members the ability to view the applicants online, rather than exchanging hard documents and meeting in person.
The Service Catalog project is going well. We’ve analyzed the feedback as a team and made a few changes:
- Housing Village Technology was removed
- Business Services was split into two groups – “University Applications” and “Consulting and Professional Services”
- We have reached out to a sample of non-OIT users to gain their feedback, analyze, and make any further changes before sending the survey to the campus.
- There will be two tabling events, in the UC, in November to gain student feedback, as well.