Jan. 22, 2019 | Jared Verner, director of university communications
Blizzard conditions north of campus, multiple road closures and difficult travel conditions in Colorado Springs led UCCS to cancel classes and activities Jan. 22. Today was the first scheduled day of the 2019 spring semester.
All day and night classes and activities for Jan. 22, including tonight’s ChitChat event by the Galleries of Contemporary Art at the Ent Center for the Arts, are cancelled. The lockdown drills scheduled today for University Hall and Columbine Hall will be postponed to a later date.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to the dining facilities in The Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall during normal operating hours. All other dining areas and buildings will be closed.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.
You can help UCCS fuel Success
No matter their size, one-time gifts make a big difference at UCCS. Make your gift today!
- UCCS Fund for Excellence: To provide a flexible funding source to address to the campus's most promising priorities in support of enhancing student success and UCCS's prominence as an institution of higher education.
- Scholarship Fund: To provide scholarships to eligible students at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs.
- UCCS Student Relief Fund: To provide need-based awards for UCCS students who are not eligible for federal or state financial aid and have graduated from a high school or received a GED within the United States.