Latest Press Releases
Search the Press Release Library
Follow @UCCSNews on Twitter
Resources for Faculty and Staff
University Communications and Media Relations staff work actively with faculty to publicize their work at the university or to link media members in search of faculty expertise. Faculty members are encouraged to work in coordination with University Communications and Media Relations when contacted by the media or to develop publicity plans to highlight faculty research, service and teaching.
- "Behold the Power of the Lowly Press Release" – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- "Writing Great Online News Releases" (PDF) – PRWeb by VOCUS
- "7 reasons your PR efforts aren't working" – Ragan's PR Daily
- "16 story angles that reporters relish" – Ragan's PR Daily
- "Press Releases Dos & Don'ts [Infographic]" – VerticalResponse Blog
- "Effective Media Relations" – A presentation by Tom Hutton
Maintained by University Communications and Media Relations
For the Media
The Office of University Communications and Media Relations serves as the university's official communication link to local, regional and national media.