Other Options

We understand that undocumented/ DACA/ ASSET students from low-income households may face a lot of challenges in trying to finance their college education because they are not eligible for federal financial aid and because there are limited scholarships that they are eligible for. Below are a couple of alternative options to help you pay for college.


Student Employment

Can Dreamers work on campus?

Non-work study student employment is available to students with a valid work permit. For example, if you are a current DACA recipient with a work authorization document, you can apply for regular student employment at UCCS.

You cannot qualify for work-study positions (they are positions partially funded with federal government money), but you can qualify for student-hourly employment at UCCS. To apply for on-campus student employment, click here.

College Opportunity Fund (COF)


The College Opportunity Fund (COF), provides a stipend to eligible undergraduate students in Colorado. Undocumented students that qualify for in-state tuition through Colorado ASSET are also eligible to receive the COF stipend. The stipend pays a portion of a student’s total in-state tuition when they attend UCCS.Eligible undergraduate students must apply, be admitted and enroll in classes at a participating college to receive this benefit. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend.

Local & Private Scholarships in Colorado Open to Dreamers

CESDA Diversity Scholarship: The Colorado Educational Services & Development Association (CESDA) awards scholarships to applicants who must be a Colorado high school graduating senior, and meet one of the following requirements: identify as a student of color, be the first generation (neither parent/guardian received a bachelor’s degree) to attend college, and/or be a student with financial need. Applicant must enroll at a 2 or 4-year Colorado college or university.



Signed in 2013, the Senate Bill 13-033, or the Colorado Advancing Students for a Stronger Economy Tomorrow (ASSET) law, allows eligible undocumented students to pay in-state tuition and to receive the COF stipend at Colorado’s public colleges and universities.

Subscribe to