Student Advocacy and Support Program
This program supports UCCS Undocumented/DACA/ASSET students, called Dreamers, and other multicultural students who receive the additional attention, advocacy and support of the Multicultural Office for Student Access, Inclusiveness and Community (MOSAIC) office (e.g., first-generation students, ethnic minority students, and international students, etc.). This program provides advocacy and support for students enrolled in the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and/or the Colorado ASSET programs or identify as mixed immigration status students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-255-3319 to set up an appointment with our Student Advocacy and Support Program Coordinator.
- Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers Scholarship 2017 (09/01/17): The Law Offices of Joshua L. Goldstein, P.C. are offering a $1,000 scholarship to an immigrant student pursuing a post-high school education. This scholarship opportunity is open to foreign born students, and children of foreign born students (with or without lawful status). You do not have to be from LA or the state of California to apply. The deadline to apply is September 1st, 2017. For more info, visit: https://immigrationlawyerslosangeles.com/los-angeles-immigration-lawyers-scholarship-2017/
- "Hit the Books" Scholarship (09/30/17): CoffeeForLess.Com offers scholarships every year to help college students with their book expenses. In order to be considered for the scholarship, candidates should submit an essay on the importance of education in their lives and how the scholarship money will assist the students' goals. Bonus points will be awarded to those students who find a creative way to include their passion for coffee within their essay without losing sight of the primary topic. You do not need to have lawful status to apply. More info: https://www.coffeeforless.com/scholarship
- Student Employment @ UCCS: If you are looking for employment, student employment may be an option for you! Currently, there are 28 job postings on the Student Employment Assistance Network. For more info, visit sean.uccs.edu.
- NAMI Internship/ Volunteership: The National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI) here in Colorado Springs is looking for bilingual volunteers! They also have internship opportunities available! This would be perfect for any member interested in mental health and/or psychology. Contact Norma Thibodeau for mas informacion: email@example.com.
- Immigration Law Firm Internships: If you are interested in immigration law, two immigration law firms in town are looking for interns! Murphy & Price, LLC (the firm I interned at this past summer) and Izaguirre Law Firm are looking for enthusiastic interns that really care about immigrant communities for this academic year! Let me know if you are interested so I can connect you to them.
- Colorado DREAMer Loan: If you are looking to renew your DACA and need some assistance paying the filing and/or legal fees, the Fitzsimons Credit Union in Aurora is offering a loan for DACAmented people so they can file their DACA for the first time or renew it. There are no interest rates attached to this loan but you do need to go through an application process and have an excellent credit score. Visit https://www.fitzsimonscu.com/Loans/DREAMer-Loan for more information.