To support veterans while they are in school and ensure they transition to promising careers, the Office of Veteran and Military Affairs has launched UCCS Boots to Suits.
The Boots to Suits program provides student veterans opportunities to gain a better understanding of the work environments they will enter following completion of their studies. Student veterans are partnered with mentors in the community who have achieved a degree of success and can provide guidance to students interested in a variety of career fields. This program provides students with hands-on career preparation, networking opportunities, and help with reintegration into the workforce.
Student Veterans: Applications are closed until Fall 2018.
If you would like to be a part of the Fall 2018 cohort and will be graduating by spring of 2019, please fill out our student veteran application.
- Career preparation
- Reintegration into the Workforce
- Six student and mentor meetings
- Guidance on resume building, networking, interviewing, and realistic expectations for career advancement
- Creation/assessment of a LinkedIn profile and elevator pitch
- After completion of the program, each participant will receive a new business suit and an appreciation breakfast
If you have any questions, please contact our Veteran Student Success Coordinator, Burcu Johnson, at 719-255-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org