This Military Transfer Credit policy is designed to reflect the academic content obtained through military instruction, including, but not limited to, basic training, noncommissioned and staff noncommissioned officers courses, leadership training classes, international deployments, military language institutes, and the military equal opportunity programs (EOP). Core academic credit are awarded based upon the American Council on Education recommendations, while other elective credits are awarded based upon military training. Some points to consider:
- Applicability of transfer credit to graduation requirements will vary depending on school/college and major.
- This process is only for new students (before or during their first term)
- Most credits are general elective credits, which reduce the amount of credits needed to graduate but are not direct equivilents of courses offered.
- Click on the following link to read a summary statement describing the policy - UCCS Military Credit Transfer Policy
Process for having your military transcripts reviewed (new students)
All incoming or first term students will need to:
1. Submit your military transcripts to the Admissions and Records Office at UCCS.
This can be done through online requests at the sites linked below.
Joint Service Transcripts (https://jst.doded.mil/official.html)
Community College of the Air Force (http://www.au.af.mil/au/barnes/ccaf/transcripts.asp)
2. Submit the request form on this site (Military Transcript Request Form)
Once you have submitted your request for review and have requested your military transcripts be sent to UCCS, a university representative will review your credits and award credits according to the guidelines of the policy. After the review is complete your military credits will appear in your DARS account through the UCCS portal. Please allow for 30 days for the review process to be completed.